Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need insurance on my Fastback. I had Hagerty but it pisses my off that they charge me extra because I dont have an original engine in my car. My car was a 302 2v and now is a 351c with headers and a Holley carb. Its not stock and they were charging me around $400 for the year. I wanted to up the agreed apon value this year which would put me even higher. The price of the classics and muscle cars seems to be sky rocketing. Anyone use Grundy or American Classic? I dont think they ask about engine mods. I only drive my car a handfull of times a year because I am so busy working.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue Fastback on 6/28/06 9:09am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I have Grundy. Tried to get Haggerty first because they have some good roadside services, but they wouldn't insure my car because at the time I had nitrous and they won't insure cars with power adders. Grundy didn't even ask about that (and I didn't volunteer) and they have unlimited mileage. In talking with others in our national car club that also have Grundy it seems the state you live in has a lot to do with premium rates.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I use American Classic. No problems so far, my agreed value is $18,000 and it costs $125/yr. I do have a 3500 mileage restriction but I ony drive it around 2500/yr so works for me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
On 2006-06-28 06:09, bmcd66250 wrote:
In talking with others in our national car club that also have Grundy it seems the state you live in has a lot to do with premium rates.

That, and age/record probably applies to most any underwriter. I have Hagerty, myself, and with $300K liability/medical limits (to match my daily driver coverages), my premium is around $340/yr. And that's with an agreed value of $18K. Even asked about paying deductibles to lower the rates, and they said that they didn't do that.

For now, I'll stick with Hagerty, but it's <U>always</U> best to keep your eyes and options open.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts