Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a word about the classifieds on this board. They work! Posted a wanted ad for a T5 and found one in three days after 8 or 9 contacts via e-mail. Sold my '66 289 heads in two days. Thanks to all who contacted me and to our "Ed's" who allow us to have it!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Good to know the classifieds work.How much does it cost to ship heads? I have a set of home ported 351W heads and a B&M Holeshot converter for an early C4 which I'm going to list soon but not sure about the shipping.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
On 2002-03-30 18:35, Just Jim wrote:
Good to know the classifieds work.How much does it cost to ship heads? I have a set of home ported 351W heads and a B&M Holeshot converter for an early C4 which I'm going to list soon but not sure about the shipping.
Just Jim, I use the U.S. Postal service to ship stuff I have sold all around the U.S.A. I have found their ship charges to be the cheapest around.

Just go to www.usps.com and it will have a feature to figure out shipping costs just by entering weights and zip codes.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Thanks,I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I used to be a UPS type of guy all around.

I agree with Tom.

Once I started using USPS services I realized that I have been paying way too much to ship items.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I bought a quicksilver shifter off ebay, and the guy (USA) sent it usps to me (Canada) almost 3 weeks ago, and still havent seen it. The tracking number he sent doesnt register and he says he sent it. I kinda wonder if he did, but he promised he did, and says it could be due to the fact Im in Canada and cant use the tracking. Hummm.
I use ups for all my sales off ebay and only had a few problems with them forgetting them, but are quick to get them out.

Rick

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've purchased/sold over 120 items on eBay over the years, and ALWAYS stipulate to please use UPS. Or when I'm selling/shipping something I ALWAYS use UPS. I've never had a problem with them, (weather dicks around once in a while, or attacks on the USA), but never UPS themselves.
The only time I've had problems is when someone uses USPS.........(at least for me it's been that way).............

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Hey Dark, USPS doesn't have tracking numbers. The number he gave you is a customs number that means nothing and has nothing to do with tracking the package. That is the thing I don't like about USPS. I hope you finally get the part. I ship to Canada many packages via USPS and as of yet, haven't had any problems. I have sold maybe 200 items on e-bay and shipped them along with buying over 100(even though my feedback only shows "81" right now but I ship exclusively USPS and half of what I buy arrives USPS and the rest I get from UPS and FED-X.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Thanx guys, but the guy said 4-6 days, and I payed for the shipping for the 4-6 days, 26. US just for shipping. I also won a console for the shifter (it didnt come with one) 2 weeks after the quicksilver, and I already got the console. I want my shifter,
it's for the Fairlane, I already have the new column, console, switches, tranny linkage, I'm impatient I guess. Even got a better motor for it, just needs new rings, and a better cam. 68 302 4 barrel motor, 30 over, etc. I want a good cam but I'll wait I guess.

Rick

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have tried numerous times to advertise different items on the classfied section. I can never get the section to accept the items I was trying to post. I have a current user name and password but can't get them in.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2002-04-01 12:53, GMayf47124 wrote:
I have tried numerous times to advertise different items on the classfied section. I can never get the section to accept the items I was trying to post. I have a current user name and password but can't get them in.
are you sure? I see the Funnelweb you put up, so its obviously working

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did someone know , how the payment works if I want to buy in this classfields, because I live in Germany.
Yes I know the shipping is a bit more .

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Robbi, sinse 3/4's of this board is Americans, you would have to convert your money to US, including shipping charges if you have to pay it. I have a conversion site I use. I tried sending it to a friend but it didnt work for him.
I convert Can. to US (or vise-versa) if I buy and my for sale items are in US dollars to save time. Here's the site I use, it has all currency exchanges, from ? to ? so it takes all the guess work out of it.

http://www.adventurekamloops.com/usa.htm#Cur

·
Registered
153 Posts
No probs with converting .!
I dont know how to pay !-or everyone takes visa overthere

How I can send private people that money ?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Usually paypal or wire transfer works. If not, then money order will be the way to go.

Good luck. You will have to contact the person selling the item you want and talk it over with them to see the arrangements they would like.
Im set up for paypal, western union money transfers, and really love good old cash.lol.

Rick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts