Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well from whenever I posted earlier today until about 45 minutes ago I was cleaning the garage. What a difference! It's much nicer. Still gotta clean a bit more and organize some things, but it's much better. I didn't take any before pics, but I went out and took some after cleaning because it was just so much nicer.

My automotive corner...

You can see my computer stuff in the corner. This is mostly older stuff and bins of parts that are useful from time to time.

Other side of the garage...

Still gotta organize a bunch of that stuff.

Couldn't go all that time without music, so I put this stereo out there. I was gonna throw it out because the CD player doesn't work anymore, but I figured it beat the snot out of a little 'boom box'. Also gave me a place to put one of my several large floor speakers which I have laying around (though that is one from my smallest pair).

I set up these dandy shelves...

and put most of the wood up in the eves. Still got more room up there over the other car bay, so I'll set up something to hold more stuff up there.

I also have two more flourescent lights I'm gonna set up. The one you see in the aslt pic is broke. I'll fix that and then wire up the other two and get some real light in there. As it is I've only got the two incandescent bulbs on the beams.

Now I just have to clean out the basement next...

This is my Chocolate lab, Coco. She's a great dog! You can see my cat too, those two are so great togehter. The cat will lay down and sleep on the dog, and the dog licks the cat adn they play.

And now for the pics you guys clicked this thread to see... My wonderful girlfriend Samantha.

here she is hard at work studying, and as you might guess from her shirt she is smarter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adgdghr on 3/19/05 11:13am ]</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed it. Apparently Comcast won't let me link from my webspace directly to pics anymore. I put them on Geocities, it works welll enough. I would host them myself but my server is not up and running at the moment.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
now i hear if you have a garage sail you can sell those Lille Red X's for a hansome price.

wonder waht teyd feetch at Barrett Jackson?

Ed Guy

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I must say, That is some collection of red x's you got there.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Ya know, for a whopping $15.95, you could have problem free picture hosting right here on FM. AND you could read the articles!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Nice garage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mlanden on 3/22/05 6:19am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
If you see the chimp you still can hotlink from comcast - at least I can here in Michigan since I see it.I have always used the ftp server from comcast which is nothing more than a backdoor to your web space.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FoMoCo on 3/19/05 10:40am ]</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's odd, mine stopped working. It wouldn't let me link directly to the pictures, and wouldn't let me view them directly in internet explorer. Said the page was unavailable or didn't exist. I wonder if they just went down for a short while.

I just checked and now I can directly see my old pics I uploaded a while ago (didn't work earlier today when I posted the links to the enw pics), but still can't see the new ones.

In any case, I've set it up on my own server now. I can see the pics, can everyone else?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tool box, eh? I wish I had one of those fancy boxes with the drawers and wheels and stuff. I probably wouldn't use it for most of my tools though.

My '68 is my daily driver so I keep most of my tools in the car with me. Ya know, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, etc. Don't need to use that stuff very often, but when I do I'm thankful I have it with me.

I think it's overkill though. I could probably get away with a set of wrenches and screwdrivers, maybe a 1/4" drive ratchet and socket set at the most. I probably don't need all my 1/2" drive stuff, or half the other junk I carry in the trunk.

I suppose the only thing I don't have in the car right now is my big torque wrench, which is in that black case above the jack stands. Don't know what happened to my little one... I think someone may have 'borrowed' it. Oh well, everything gets at least 50 ft-lbs.

That box in the basement has my timing light, compression tester, grease gun, and a handful of other tools.

I think today I am gonna organize some more stuff in the garage, stuff on the bench and make use of the shelves under the radio. Also gonna try to start on the basement or get the car stuff that I use into the garage now that I have some room for it. Maybe hang some car stuff on the walls to make it look cool or something. I guess now that Martha's out I should give her a call to help with garage decor'.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts