Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Windsor in my Mach I died so I'm going to replace it with a 2V Cleveland I got on the cheap. I'm trying to get some good horsepower for little money while I build up a real barn burner on the side. I gotta drive it so I can't wait on the 4V.
Combo started with Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 600cfm carb, headers, plan to buy a new cam and do some porting (by yours truly). It'll be in front of the Tremec I just put in so slush box converters are not an issue. The rear is 4.22 pushing 28 inch tall sticky Mickys.
The only thing the guys at Ford could say is roller cam, high lift, short duration.
What I'd like to know is what are the major things that need touching up in the ports?
And two: any cam recommendations for good streetable horsepower? I was leaning toward the Crane powermax: 226/230duration @ 0.050", 110 lobe sep and .528/.536" lift. Seems like itd make decent power but I don't know enough about what the 2V likes.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'd steer you towards the PowerMax
H-278-2 cam. It has a better idle and makes tons of torque.

The intake is a good choice. Carb? 600 is okay...

The intake ports don't need a lot of work on the 2V but the exhaust is a touch crappy.
There are some excellent photos regarding this when you do some searches on the forums.

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
Crane is a good cam. Exhausts could use some work, not much. Intakes clean up the sharp edges in the valve bowl area. Carb, I'd lean toward a 700 double pumper. 600 good for street, But with those gears, heads and intake she'll want a bigger carb.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for quick replys.
My carb choices from on hand units were 600 or 850. I think I'll look around to see if anyone has an old 700 ot 750 they don't need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts