Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, now that I've decided I want to build the 351c, I want to put a nice cam that will work well with the 2 barrel heads, not against them. I am looking for sure response and some torque build through the gears... which I know there are probably better heads to use, but we are going this route for now. This brings me to my next question. What gear box... c4 or AOD. This will be a street driven car primarily, but I would like for it to be able to fend off any intruders who think they want to run. I have both and I do understand from my other post that both would need upgrading. Willing and able to do that. I want a good clean crisp sounding. Not necessary a lot of lump idle, but a delayed lump if that makes any sense. There's a 351c on you tube that sounds bitchen to me... YouTube - V8 FORD CLEVELAND 351

What does this take. It's kind of hard to tell listening, but I like a littke more bottom with the same aggressive response through the power range. Will this require better heads or will a custom cam do. I'd like to know what I can do with the 2 barrel heads.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a very good article about the 335series motors that pretty much answers all of my questions. Pretty much spec things out just the way I'd like it. Great article and priceless information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts