Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering about what to set the timing at on my cleveland. I have a msd distributor, and 6a, long tube headers, 3000 stall c6, excelerator intake, holley 750, and crane h-278. what should I set it at? The heads are 2v open chambers if that makes any difference. All going into a 68 fastback. Thanks. Im putting the new distributor in tonight and was wondering what everyone here ran and what worked well for them

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just recently put a msd dissy and 6al on my clevo in my fairlane. I ended up using the two blue springs and the 21degree stop in the dissy, with 15 initial, 36 degrees total timing. Has heaps more low and mid range pull now than compared to the previous crane xr3000 ignition box, and it starts and idles heaps better. It doesn't ping at all. Specs on my drivline are: cam hyd [email protected] 502 lift 108 lobe sep, O/C 2V heads with minor port work and 4V exhaust valves. 2V funnelweb and 750 vac holley, tri-y headers, c4 2800 stall and 3.7 lsd. Hope this helps some.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 79Fairlane on 4/13/02 9:49am ]</font>

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Im thinking Im going to use the two blues also and the red stop. Maybe run about 12 initial. My cam is more into the upper rpms so im thinking that I should go with more timing just under three. maybe 36 or 38 total.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts