Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...anyone know where to buy a reproduction clock for a '65 Galaxie 500?..I love the style of the factory clock and was curious about if a duplicate quartz movement clock was built..I know we had no problems finding a repo clock for the 1966 Malibu we owned...the book says that the clock has a separate fuse where is this fuse?...it would be jammy to get the clock going as it is sitting there right in your facr as you drive...probably be a real bitch to take out and replace...yes...no?...Marla

·
Registered
92 Posts
The fuse for it is the one in the lower left corner of the fuse box, it is also for the dome lights.

I took mine out by pulling the upper pad, the plastic cover that goes over the cluster, and if I remember it was three screws and it comes right out. I don't know of any repros, but I'd think an experienced clock repairman could fix it.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Can't help you on a quartz replacement, but removing the clock is easy. You have to remove the part of the dash that surrounds the light switch, on the left, to the ignotion switch on the right. A few screws and the surround is out. The clock mounting screws will be exposed, remove them and the wire and the clock is in your hand.

Do an internet search and you will find companies that repair or retro-fit old Ford clocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts