Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to convert my 1965 C4 falcon to a T5 so I'm looking at swapping out the pedal assembly. I'm looking at a nice used assembly online that is out of a 61. Sure looks like mine, of course without the clutch pedal. Can anyone say with reasonable certainty that this would fit? It looks as if they are all the same from 60-65 but I thought I would check around before buying.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info. Thanks guys. I may be able to use the existing switch thats on my brake pedal now. If not, It should'nt be difficult to rig one. Looking forward to the 5 speed.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The pre-65 brake pedal will have a hole where the brake master cylinder pushrod is attached with a bolt instead of a large pin like the 65 has.
When I converted my 65 to 4 speed I used an earlier pedal assy without the large pin for the 65 mechanical brake light switch. I punched the hole out larger, recessed the area surrounding the hole and welded in a pin from this guy:
BRAKES

It allowed me to keep the stock Ford brake light switch set-up. No truck switches no chevy switches needed :).

Joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Joe,

I bought the pedal assembly on ebay but haven't got it yet. I think I'm going to try and use the original brake pedal thats in the car now. Thanks for the link though, if needed I will order a pin from him. I ordered a new T-5Z with the S-10 tailpiece to move the shifter forward and all parts including aluminum bellhousing, flyweel, clutch assembly, cable clutch kit, a custom crossmember and a hurst shifter. I'm really looking forward to that OD gear. Last year I pulled the 12:1 motor and replaced it with Ford's 306 crate motor so my drivetrain will be pretty solid. Might even do some roadtrips. YeeeHaaaa.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Just get the round style brake light switch from an F100. Pop out the rubber bumper on the falcon pedal set and install the switch there. It's super easy and works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts