Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would like to do a manual swap into my 1967 Galaxie, either a 4 speed possibly even a 5 or 6 speed conversion from Modern driveline. The one thing I am having trouble finding is the clutch pedal set up. I need to know what other years I could look for that would work and if any one knows any sources for the pedals, and maybe the z bar, although I wouldnt need the Z bar if I go with modern driveline set up.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Probably best to go with hydraulic clutch no matter which trans you use, old, or modern. I can't help with the pedal donor, or interchange, but you could also look to universal pedals and fab up a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
So I would like to do a manual swap into my 1967 Galaxie, either a 4 speed possibly even a 5 or 6 speed conversion from Modern driveline. The one thing I am having trouble finding is the clutch pedal set up. I need to know what other years I could look for that would work and if any one knows any sources for the pedals, and maybe the z bar, although I wouldnt need the Z bar if I go with modern driveline set up.
Hello justintyme73,

According to the illustrated parts diagram for the brake/clutch pedal assembly it applies to all 3rd gen gals ('65-'68) so that gives you the year span coverage to look for.

If you come across one not in a donor car this is what it should look like.

This one is out of a '66 galaxie 500 4 dr sedan. Probably best bet to look for is a Custom or low frills galaxie 500 (sedans) with a straight six or small V8 column shift cars as it's the same pedal assembly as if equipped with a factory floor shift 4 speed.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
One on Epay right now.
Bloody hell! I had no idea that those pedal assemblies were that expensive. I paid that for the entire Southwest parts car and at least I got rechromed bumpers off it and a solid spare frame not to mention a host of rust and dent free body parts. The only reason I kept that pedal assembly is I thought it might be novel to convert one of the '66 2dr hardtops that originally came with an FX transmission (coupled to a 352 engine) to a manual transmission floor shift.

With that in mind, this is just a thought, but you might want to try places like CTC Auto Ranch and Desert Valley Auto Parts. They usually have a 3rd gen gal or two in pieces. And since the sedans are the most populous your chances of finding a column shift unit is pretty darn good.

Good hunting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts