Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts
I wish I could do this, but big block long tubes, need a walk in oven.

About 3-4 months ago my buddy & i bought pint cans of Eastwoods new hi-temp header paint for the do it yourselfer. We both used the same method, sandblasted them first, making sure not to touch them hung em up & brushed on the Eastwood header paint (aluminum finish). Be very careful as the paint doesn;t flow well & its easy to apply to thick, a little goes a long, long way, 1 pint did my Hedman long tubes with a 1/4 can left over! We both cured them with a heat gun on high, best method seemed to be to stick the end of the gun in the collector & let her rip, alternating from collector to each header flange, with a temp. gun they got to approx 285 degrees.
1 summer season later Gerry has run his 48 pick up (302) with long tubes with no discoloration or flaking. Personaly, i;ve only run the motor for an hour or so in the driveway. (Winter) the headers smoked for about 10 minutes & there is a slight color change but, the paint seems to have set, flowed & looks very good.
Just talked to Gerry again & he says, "after trying alll kinds of Hi-temp header paint the Eastwood stuff has proved to be the best method i;ve ever used, headers look perfect with no flaking or discoloration".

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.