Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there own a 74-78 Cobra II. I need the measurments of the deck stripes and the stripes on the lower rockers for the 76 model year. I am doing the layout so I can cut them on my vinyl cutter. I am getting ready to paint mine and I need to cut a new set of stripes. Thanks for your time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 1/13/02 10:35am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I dont know the measurementts, but pheonix graphic has a picture of the side stripe on a car, maybe it can help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 1/13/02 10:59am ]</font>

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a perfect hood scoop for sale. I don't need it when the motor goes in. Just a big hole. It took me a while to find a front and rear spoiler. But just picked them both up for 100. I do have a hatchback parts car if you need anything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 1/14/02 7:14am ]</font>

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had my stripes painted on! That vinal stuff is a real pain. But if you really want to use it, there are still kits available. CAR Distributers, 12375 New Holland St., Holland, Michigan 49424. Bernard Bauman 616.399.6783 for a catalog. 9 pc. kit is $160.00

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a company that sell them for $148. I have about $10,000 in sign equipment so it is easy to just make them. Painting is great but expensive. I can get the vinyl in any color. I can also get all sorts of different types of vinyl. Vinyl with metal flake, reflective, mixed colors, changing colors, etc. My cobra is going to have purple stripes to match the motor. Plus if you know how vinyl is very easy to put on. I could stripe my whole car in a half hour.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 1/16/02 11:04am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Damn, I though Mustang IIs and their owner were extinct and then all of a sudden they come out of the woodwork! Over a year with none on this forum and now 3 at the same time. That's cool because I truely do like those Pinto GTs er uh Mustang IIs. They were good looking reliable cars with great suspensions that were cheap yet had great potential.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh, I totally agree that vinal is easy to install and more true to original equipment. It's the eventual removal part that's a real pain. At least with the old stuff...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts