Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, thought I'd bore you with a little update.

The Cobra has 380 miles on it. Took it to work once, had it up to 100 mph, took the wife out a couple times (she says it's windy
), and just generally been having fun. The interior is carpeted, AM/FM/CD player is in and you can hear it as long as the loud pedal isn't mashed to the floor, even put in cup holders

Picked up another 5.0 to build-up to replace the stock '93 unit. It will get an Explorer intake, 65 mm throttle body, E303 cam, home ported heads, and aftermarket headers. Also picked up some 3.55 gears for the rear to replace the 3.08s.

Started on the bodywork this week. Just been doing seam work so far, grind, fill, sand, fill, sand, fill, sand. I think my arms are going to fall off! Still thinking about silver as a color.

Between tearing down the new 5.0 and doing body work, my garage is a mess. Not saying it was great to start with, but this is ridiculous! I need a nice weekend so I can push everything out and get it organized.

Well, that's about it. Maybe next time I'll have something worth taking pictures of.

Greg

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Awesome Greg, driving it sounds like a blast. When is the expected finish date on it. Like they are ever finished, but....
Cant wait to see pix of it now. Im saving my pennies for one.

Rick

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Good to hear eveything is going smoothly for you. That makes it a pleasure to build when things go your way and go together smoothly. Now, what kind of drugs did you give your wife so I can get some too for mine?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yep, mine lasted about that long. Betcha can't wait, huh? Glad to see you're still considering silver for that car. Are you going with stripes, too? Couldn't remember from our last conversation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts