Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you using the open lettered aluminum valve covers? Where is the best price?
I want to shelve my tin chrome ones and get a set of tall (to clear the roller rockers) COBRA POWERED BY FORD alum covers...
Thanks!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have have a set from Branda. These are great valve covers. They barely clear my Crane gold rockers on AFR 205 heads. I use the thicker injection molded steel core gaskets for a little extra clearance.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent... thanks
I was looking at thiers and they looked great.
Thanks for teh info.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I purchased the tall ones from Branda too. Easily cleared my afr 185's & comp pro magnum rockers. Used the steel core gaskets a s well

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I have the tall ones from Branda and they clear my Comp Pro Magnum rockers. I've heard that you can't get these anymore due to some Ford licensing issues.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
TTT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rcodenewf on 8/29/06 11:09pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Bought my tall Cobra covers from Jim Cowles at Shelby Parts in Wisconsin. Great guy to deal with. Price was good. They clear speedpro roller rockers and are roughly 3/4 inch taller than the standard Cobra valve cover. I also bought the matching oval cobra air cleaner.
Here's the link:
http://www.shelbyparts.com/
Give him a shout and see what his price is.
IIRC he was cheaper than Branda.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts