Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to a moving and storage company today and weighed the '66 Classic Roadsters Cobra replica and was surprised that it weighed 2620# with half a tank of gas!!!

I really thought it would be less but they advertise 2500# with a SB Ford....I guess the gas, battery and wheels make up the difference??

I'm about to catch up on the boat and have been driving the Cobra a little more lately!! It is really a blast to drive and I know GregR will agree!!!

Cobrajack

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agree??? Hell yeah! Too bad I'm about to go backwards, next weekend the body is coming back off
. It's a good thing though, going to finish the body work then prime and paint
. I don't think my arms can take much more sanding.

I haven't weighed my Factory Five yet but the MSO says 1900# and most guys say they come in around 2100#. I'll have to run it over the scales some time to see what happens.

Greg

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The Classic kit is a longer wheelbase model. 96" versus 90" for most others. I vaugely recall it being slightly wider as well. That would account for the higher weight. Most 90" models come in at under 2200 lbs. Mine weighted 2075 with my big fanny in it. It was pretty bare bones, though. No sound insualtion, thin carpeting, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts