Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new set of coil springs in my car and they raised it a noticable amount. i cut a little and want to cut a little more but im worried about the springs settleing. It looks as though the front end has already lowered a little on its own. I know on my fathers car, we installed new springs and after 2 months or so of sitting it lowered a bit. How much do you think a spring can lower when it first settles and how long does it usually take? I know over years and years it will lower a bit as the springs fatigue, but im concerned about the initial settleing of the spring.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put the 620# springs on my 69 Mustang...waited 2 years and they never dropped. Ended up going to progressives and cut 1/2 coil to get the height I wanted.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I put GT springs in my 66 (from Mustangs Plus) and they settled about an inch after around 6 months.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put new springs in my 67 coupe on thanksgiving day
.....they havent dropped any...until february I was driving it hard and had even sorta jumped the car on this large bump in the road a couple times....got the front tires off the ground...But the springs havent moved...and the engine is out now...so i dont think they will settle more then a 1/4 inch at most. Good Luck, Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts