Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the RRS and TCP conversions but I was curious if anyone out there has tried to use mostly original parts to swap in struts, etc. I figure if you can use adapters or mounts and OEM parts it would really save on costs.
I am just starting to look into this so don't shoot if this has been gone over before.
BTW this would be in my 65 Fairlane but any links to Falcon or Mustang are appreciated.
Jason

G

·
check out the Fatman coilover setup. Also have you looked under the front of the 05 and newer mustang? I think that, that setup would work. You would have to change to rack and pinion front steer though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't yet but I will. I don't mind changing the steering, some of the components for the 65 are hard to find now, I can only imagine the future.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Global West has a setup using new parts that are built the same way as stock. Tubular upper and lower control arms. New spring, shocks etc. They saw it works great. Cost is nearly what Total Controls Coil Over setup is. I'm also considering the change for my 67 gt 390.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I got all excited when this post came up, but now my heart is sad again.....

Nothing from from Global West will work unless it says 64 or 65 Fairlane. None of the super cool mustang stuff from Total Control will work. The fatman kit, same situation(unless they finally added a Fairlane kit). The RRS kit is the only one that I have found in the last year that says it will fit in writing and on the phone.

I called all of these guys. The RRS swears theirs will fit. The rest told me that the problem is that every year (64, 65, 66) has a differnt set of control arms, not like the mustang that is the same for 65 and 66 and some falcons, then small changes in 67.

This is only my opinion and I wish and hope for the day that I have more than one option for the front of my 64, besides welding in a Mustang 2 kit.

I hope this is helpful and accurate, if not please correcct me, really.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've installed a RRS coil over and rack and pinion kit in a 67 mustang(where I got my sons drop spindles from) and the kit is top notch. Very easy bolt in and clear easy direction to follow. If they say it fits I'm sure it does (especially at the price).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts