Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my cruise o matic is taking along time to shift from 1st to second about 2800 to 3000 rpm, I am going to do a fluid and filter change, replace the vacuum line ( i do have a vacuum canister) and the vacuum diaphragm unit while I am under there. any other ideas? I may try to adjust the bands if I can figure it out.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
my cruise o matic is taking along time to shift from 1st to second about 2800 to 3000 rpm, I am going to do a fluid and filter change, replace the vacuum line ( i do have a vacuum canister) and the vacuum diaphragm unit while I am under there. any other ideas? I may try to adjust the bands if I can figure it out.
back ground on the car/truck .

only info given is rpm shift point

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Every time that has happened to me it has been a vacuum problem. Once it was caused by running over brush that pulled the line loose at the tranny, once it was because the rubber line from the steel line to the manifold had dry rot and leaking. Check those before you tear into the tranny, even replacing the diaphram is going to be cheaper than the tranny fluid alone. I don't think adjusting the bands will address a shift point issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts