Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70 Intake, 72 block, 73 Heads.

I think it's a good combo. Ask in the All ford tech board is they are a good combo to have in a 460. (this is what FE goin broke thinks) I TRUST HIM.They is some #s by the fuel pump area on the front of the block 101 over 12.The man said it had domed pistons and a 3/4 cam in .(HEAR SAY).I need a dist. and a fuel pump.what kind of dist should I get..

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Y'all have been so much help thus far. Not know for sure the year, make and model the 460 came out of the people at Auto Zone could help me with finding the plugs I need.
I know some one on here will .It is flat at the start of the plug hole. I need the plug number

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Give us a head casting number or check your plug holes again. It should use a tapered-seat spark plug.

David

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on the outside D 3VE-A2A .
under the valve cover there is 3 different numbers 6L23. 201 .32
A guy at work gave me a Holley 850 to put on the 460.His son had it on his 460 in his Cobra kit. Said it ran a little rich . Will it be to much for the 460?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
D3VE heads made the day before thanksgiving in 1976.

Those should use an Autolite #25, or NGK #UR4 or BPR4FS plug, gapped at .035" for points, or .045" for most electronic ignitions. The plug is a 14mm thread, 0.460" reach, tapered-seat. Buy whichever is on-sale.

The 850 is a bit big for your build, but it will do for now since it was free, and if you're willing to take time to tune it. It won't make the best economy carb, either.

David

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.
I just traded a LS1 block for a complete 69 460 .It don't have a tranny. It does how ever have a carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts