Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a large machine shop around the Houston Texas area. We have a foundry on site and I have spoken with the senior foundry engineer Mr.Tony Kline.
he is interested in casting a new production Cleveland block with improved cylinder wall thickness, main webs, 4 bolt with billet caps, etc. he has asked me to pass along his e-mail address so that Cleveland fans and users may send him an e-mail showing interest in the new blocks. the e-mail is not an intent to purchase just a show of users and potential buyers in the future.

Mr Klines email is [email protected]

thanks
mike Stephenson

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: seefour on 7/4/06 9:05am ]</font>

·
Registered
991 Posts
well you would be the 4th that are either in the process or thinking aobut it.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Like woody1 said.... Lots of talk about this on the network 54 cleveland forum. Perhaps give them a shout too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done so already. seams to be politics involved already.
no matter.Its a free country.Work or play as hard as you want.
Mike

·
Registered
813 Posts
A real Cleveland block has been sorely needed for a long time.
A guy named Todd on the Cleveland forum has put his heart and soul into producing a new block when all others snubbed the idea and dismissed it as wishful thinking.
Well, yeah, it IS wishfull thinking....as in I WISH I HAD ONE!!!
There are aftermarket blocks for all the modern Ford V8's even the Modular engines!! Heck, you can even get an aluminum AMC race block today, but no Cleveland??
This wrong needs to be righted!!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Why not stop whinning and just use the 9.2 deck Dart block?

The market would be VERY small indeed even if it were produced.

Why bother?

·
Banned
2,833 Posts
Built it and they will come. Make a manifold for a Windsor block and Cleveland heads and people will buy it. I know I want one. Just don't cast they same Cleveland's problems into the new block. Oiling was always an issue.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It has the same oiling system as the 460's, not nearly half the whining going on over there. Why not use a 9.2 block? Cause people want a cleveland, not a clevor.

·
Registered
991 Posts
On 2006-07-06 10:51, dacofa wrote:
Built it and they will come. Make a manifold for a Windsor block and Cleveland heads and people will buy it. I know I want one. Just don't cast they same Cleveland's problems into the new block. Oiling was always an issue.
just use plates then your intake options are huge

·
Registered
802 Posts
Why bother? Because popularity is growing fast. The new alloy C heads can create power levels that easily exceed the strength of the factory blocks, even W blocks. If a block can be made as well or better than the Dart blocks and for the same price, why not?

Just because there won't be a fortune made from the profits of a new casting doesn't mean it's not worth the effort. Keep the spirit of this short-lived engine alive and piss off the Chevy guys to no end.

Tall deck versions would be nice. So would some afforable spacer plates. I'd love to see what a big bore (4.185&quot
x 4.25-4.375" stroke, 480+inch Cleveland could do with a set of iron 4V heads. A lot of people would be rethinking those 460 swaps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Boy oh boy you start talkin cleveland stuff & here come all those windsor boys ready to bash. back in the day I think the 351w were originally intended being truck motors becuase I know clevelands would run circles around them ALL Day long....... & as far 460 stuff I considered the 400 before the 460 . yeah I know not that many performance parts except cleveland stuff. but when you compare the two the 400 puts out nearly as much torque as the 460 also the 400 was way down in the compression area & oversmogged 460 one of fords heaviest motors
bring on the clevelands

·
Registered
991 Posts
On 2006-07-09 10:18, 85mike wrote:
How many of you have stepped up and put a deposit on this block?
where ya gonna deposit, into thin air, noone is taking any money, and there isnt even a prototype yet from any company, short of a cad drawing from Tod (copy and paste) http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,60.0.html . Im in line for 2-3 right off the bat. Yes the windsor is nothing but a dump truck motor that was a pig in stock form.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: woody1 on 7/10/06 1:23am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: woody1 on 7/10/06 1:23am ]</font>

·
Registered
991 Posts
my bank account is more than ready champ

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been watching this on the Cleveland forum, and it is interesting. Most of the Pantera types want to run the Cleveland, and there is a good market for it, especially when you consider the future possibilities of exporting to Australia. Lots of guys running Clevelands there. Lots of guys race Clevelands here, and having to scrap many hundreds of dollars worth of parts so they can buy the Windsor-specific stuff for a Clevor would be less cost effective than buying an available new block. The fact that the 351C was the performance 351, the fact that it not only performs well with basic mods but looks good - better than everything other than the cammer and Boss429, and the fact that it hasn't been done to death in every small block Ford project is reason enough to cast some new blocks. I'd bet there will be enough sold to make it worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
My thoughts, it would be a nice thing to see, as long as the oiling system provisions were corrected, and they would make the damn cylinderwalls thicker.
Don't pretend to know everything, but if it could fly, then hopefully it doesn't turn into the Genesis 427 block casting ordeal.
Guys putting money down, and waiting f{bomb}ing forever.
And yes, talk like this gets the windsor groups' panties in a twist.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts