Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an "accurate" compression ratio calculator?
Something that will include details such as the bore difference between the piston and cylinder.
I’ve spent the last hour learning that my ratio could be anywhere from 10.2 to 12.1
Although, I'm sure it's around 10.4 to 10.6

I want to get an accurate number to find out how much I need to cut the deck.

·
Registered
502 Posts
do you know the exact bore, stroke, cc of the combustion chamber, compressed thickness of the head gasket, cc of the piston dome (cup, valve reliefs)?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
igo, Yes I do.
Down to the .001 although some are variables since they can change like the deck height and combustion chamber.
After I complete the combustion chamber, I'll have to re-cc the chambers and make up the difference by decking the block. So while I narrow down these set calculations, I need to move the numbers around so I can at least achieve 10.8:1 at a minimum.

The calculator on fordmuscle.com is too general. Although the link to diamondracing.net looks like exactly what I’m looking for. I found one similar to this yesterday but you had to pay a subscription fee to use it.

Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
502 Posts
what numbers are you using? i have a calc in my computer at the shop i can try them in if you want.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
The best I've seen is the one from http://www.performancetrends.com. It will calculate static and dynamic CR. It's not free but well worth the money.

Here is what it looks like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pbrown on 10/7/06 7:16am ]</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts