Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of running the Comp cams Magnum 305H with 585 lift and 305 dur. My question is will this cam poke the valves through the flat tops or will they clear ok. I don't want to remove the heads to clay the pistons, so I was hoping someone has this combo running. 351C open chamber 4V heads, flat tops with .080 recessed tops. thanks.....Bob
:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Bob. I am NO EXPERT!!! What Rocker ratio do you have? I am running the 32-638-5 cam from them. Exhaust duration is 589 with 1.73 Rocker Ratio, so I am getting THAT LIFT. No problems. If you have 1.7 Ratio's you are getting .575" lift. I would keep asking though. Lastly, I have Quench heads, not sure how or if that will effect.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I am running a .560 / .585 with just a fraction less duration than you above a set Keith Black flat tops and .050 clearance (piston to head) and 1.7 roller rockers ... Zero problems.

When we designed this build the "Guru" said, "Only worry once you get past .600 lift", assuming all else is as I describe.

Me thinks you OK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bob, I am running a .614 lift roller with L2348F TRW forged popups (around 13.1 comp) with no problems. There is plenty of valve clearance. I am running closed (quench) chamber heads.

You know your getting old when they are playing "Stairway to Heaven" on the easy listening stations!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1fun65gt on 2/1/02 11:58pm ]</font>

·
Registered
777 Posts
The cam I am currently running is a solid with 266 @ .050 on the intakes, with trw domed pistons, no problems. The cam before this was a roller with 264* @ .050 with .650 lift, same pistons, still no problem. The only time I ran into trouble was with a zero decked block, and heads that were shaved .050. Then I had to change intake rocker arms to 1.6 ratio and cut the lift back to .602. With the 1.73's, I only had .035 valve to piston clearance, not quite enuff for a 7500 rpm motor. BTW, this was all with open chambered heads.

(ok, so I cant type)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kid vishus on 2/2/02 9:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Bob ...

Is this cam going in the build you are describing on the "Shift Points" posting???

If so, I bet it will be an improvement ...

What are the rest of the specs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts