Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 lx sport, and the scanner will not comunicate with the computer on the car. i have tried different scanners and the same thing happened. do yall know of any common problems that could cause this to happen. the car runs good but i am only getting around 10 to 14mpg. i am guessing that it is an o2 sensor or the egr, but i would like to be able to read the codes to make sure before i just start spending money. if anybody knows any problems or have experienced this any help would be greatly appreicated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it a 5.0? Are you using the OBD I computer connections under the hood on the drivers side? The scanner should be the kind that beeps and has red lights, or one red light. Been a while since i've used one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i am using all the right stuff. the thing is the scaner wont talk to the computer. it will not start any of the self tests. i have tried with two different scanners and neither one would work.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You have a blown fuse for your DLC connector. Check all fuses inside and under hood in the Power distribution box.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i checked all the fuses under the dash on the drivers side and they were all good. is there another fuse block under the hood somewhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts