Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I have a 1965 Galaxie 500 2 door.. the rear tires started rubbin hard where it was eating up my passenger rear tire.. i changed the shocks didnt work... now i pulled the coil springs out. but i want the rear end to be lifted up like a " hotrod " in a way. what car/truck can i rip coil springs off of to raise it... i need em to fit without having any issues.. or should i just buy em? cuzi think the ones i have are 16.65"

·
Registered
390 Posts
Myself I do not know of any sring that you can use to give you mor height. When you raise the rear end up, it will change the pinion angle. If you just put drop springs and spindle, it will let you rear end higher. I did a two inch drop spindle and spring in the front and one inch drop in the rear and it gave it a real hot rod look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tobin, I know everyone has different thoughts on air shocks, but I put them in my '80 Firebird & it worked awesome to raise the rear as much as I wanted.

Randy, do you have any pics of how your car now sits?

Myself I do not know of any sring that you can use to give you mor height. When you raise the rear end up, it will change the pinion angle. If you just put drop springs and spindle, it will let you rear end higher. I did a two inch drop spindle and spring in the front and one inch drop in the rear and it gave it a real hot rod look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts