Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure he has heard from many on the accuracy of his wording. Not even a 63.5 but a '64

Ford : Galaxie 2 door fastback in Ford | eBay Motors

19631/2 Ford (Canadian Special Fastback), Factory posi rear-end, 460 big block completely rebuilt,c-6 tranny with electronic ignition and big cam and plenty of lift, Holley 750 carb.Pulled chassis off frame and sand blasted and undercoated underneath,plus painted the frame and installed new frame bushings.To much to list have all reciepts.You can hear the engine on you tube (bigg block breathing). Still a work in progress ,only able to start up.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
I sent the idiot a question from e-bay telling him that he's basically a moron...

You better have thick skin and be a bit humble when you read this:
That is NOT a 63 1/2 Galaxie. It's a 1964 Galaxie. You need to KNOW what you're selling, and don't go off what some backyard idiot tells you from down the street who had an uncle with one exactly like it with the factory 460, etc... etc... etc...
Please don't be pissed, I only say it like it is. :)

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least he could get the year correct as that's on the title. He might not necessarily know how to decode the vin or data tags. Bet he was given the royal snow job in a trade of this car for something else he had and he fell for it hard!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
BUT BUT BUT mt UNCLE did have one just like it back in the day, 460 2x4's duely exhaust, factory 5 speed, had a red interior, it wuzzz cooolll....:D:D:D

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
DAMN!... :mad:

I clicked on it without pulling my wading boots on...

·
Registered
977 Posts
At least he could get the year correct as that's on the title. He might not necessarily know how to decode the vin or data tags. Bet he was given the royal snow job in a trade of this car for something else he had and he fell for it hard!
Must have been a type0 at the (dmv).I don't think it's that hard to tell the difference between a 63& and a 64..
In (cars in barns or barn finds) they had a 64 marked as a 63 , I spotted it and called them on it and got a thank you ..
My goal is to have at least 1of every year that galaxie was made. How many will that be? I've got a start with the 63. If your gona dream , dream hugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
BUT BUT BUT mt UNCLE did have one just like it back in the day, 460 2x4's duely exhaust, factory 5 speed, had a red interior, it wuzzz cooolll....:D:D:D
One of a kind (matching #s ) ? I had a 30 ford 3window coupe mounted on a 1955 ford truck frame, with a 1958 Linc. 430cc in it( all oringal). I was 14 when I built it.. How does that song go... Anyway , Daddy made me sell it.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Well, he did state '63 1/2 that's only 1/2 a year off. Maybe Ford had a few '63 1/2 bodies left over in early '64 and sent them to Canada as '64s.
"And that's the rest of the story" :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I guess if someone makes a mistake on here it's Death by Tar and Feathers.

Give the guy a break, he may have gotten use to all the lies that have been and are being told by politicians that he figured it took a lie to get something sold to the public. LOL

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I guess if someone makes a mistake on here it's Death by Tar and Feathers.

Give the guy a break, he may have gotten use to all the lies that have been and are being told by politicians that he figured it took a lie to get something sold to the public. LOL
He may have also gotten some of his info here... :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
He had the car listed on Craigslist a few months back. I emailed him about it being listed incorrectly and got a profanity laced message back. I continued with him and he eventually backed down and was civil. He's just a younger guy, and he said he had to sell it to pay child support or something like that. Obviously didn't know alot about the car.

But I was a little taken back by the FCK U in his first email.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts