Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Set of Procomp H-Beam Rods for my 393W Project.

My Pistons have 0.912 Pins(Speed Pro 302 Pistons), but by a Mistake of mine i have ordered Con-Rods with 0.927 Pins, but they have the right length of 5.956".....

I have aleady searched a lot, but i can´t find a combo were these Rods could be used....

Anybody can tell me which Pistons will fit for them ?

Regards from Germany
Mark

·
Registered
483 Posts
You need a custom made piston. It is possible to hone the Speed pro pistons to match the rods but there are no lock grooves in the pistons and the rods have bushings so they can't be pressed. I don't see a way out other than a special piston to match the rod or use stock 351W rods like Ford did.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I have the Speedpro H273CP 4.030" Pistons WITH C-Clips, but i don´t want to spend more Money, just to swap a Std-Piston to a fitting Piston for the 0.927 Pins....
I will take your advise and run a set of I-Beams, they come with the 0.912 Bore.

I guess, they will match my Setup. (Looking for around 450-500hp, and no more than 6000rpm) (Usind a Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam in mein 351W with 210cfm Heads and a 700DP)
Engine is reving in the 351W around 5600rpm, don´t think the 393W will rev much higher....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts