Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats on acquiring Houston Raceway Park! What are your plans for it?

A lot of us "old timers" really miss the Wednesday night trophy racing. There may not be enough demand to run that every week, like the old days, but you guys should consider maybe having it once a month - make sure people know about it, and I bet you get a good crowd.

Aslo, the scale fixed!!! It's been broken for about a year now.

Oh, don't skimp on the traction compound at the starting pad. I was out there several weeks ago, and it seemed like there was little/no compound on it.

Sincerely,
Lee Atkinson

· Premium Member
2 Posts
Thanks for the note! We actually don't own or run the track, we just have the naming rights. The Angel Brothers are still the general managers. We are really looking forward to the first NHRA Spring Nationals this weekend at RPR! If you're there, we'll be around, so stop and say hi!

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Darn, just now saw this... I ended busy, and was not able to make it out there anyway, though.

I'd rather race than watch, though.

Not as cool as owning, but still quite cool have your name on the track :)

I still think you guys should have some sort of Royal Purple Wednesday night tropy racing, or maybe sponser a Saturday Muscle Car bracket race - something like that. Give away cases or RP to the class winners, or something similar.

I used to work at RohMax, in Deer Park. I believe it was 7720C that you guys would by a truck load, every few months.

Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.