Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I met a guy today that has a new continental kit made in Canada that fits a 63 Galaxie. He wants to trade it for one that fit's a 62 Galaxie or sell it outright. I didn't ask how much he wanted for it but he's a guy that doesn't use the computer that much but I can get hold of him again if anyone is interested. Jim

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Please anyone, don't fit a continental kit to your Galaxie.
In my opinion they are ugly and do not suit Galaxies.

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
If they didn't stick out so far to be picnic tables they wouldn't be so ugly maybe but wow, those things are just awful. But i also don't like skirts on my car either. Some are fine and people who like them are ok, just not for me. Someone would surely like one though as there are all kinds out there in the car world with different tastes.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Here's some I just found.

"OH MY EYES, MY EYES............."

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Some more.....

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
If they didn't stick out so far to be picnic tables they wouldn't be so ugly maybe but wow, those things are just awful. But i also don't like skirts on my car either. Some are fine and people who like them are ok, just not for me. Someone would surely like one though as there are all kinds out there in the car world with different tastes.
Agree 100%.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd never seen a 63 or a 64 Galaxie with a continental kit on it before. After seeing these pictures I feel like I was peddling dope or something like that. Apparently the people that owned those cars liked them though. To each his own. I've finally finished my car and found the look I will keep. Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
And that is a beautiful look, Jim.
You can't beat that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd never seen a 63 or a 64 Galaxie with a continental kit on it before. After seeing these pictures I feel like I was peddling dope or something like that. Apparently the people that owned those cars liked them though. To each his own. I've finally finished my car and found the look I will keep. Jim
Your's is a very sharp car, Jim.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, Jim

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
IMO, those things belong on cars east of the Rockies or a foreign country along with rear fender antennas with **** tails on them and skirts. Oh, and lowered in the back only.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
IMO, those things belong on cars east of the Rockies or a foreign country along with rear fender antennas with **** tails on them and skirts. Oh, and lowered in the back only.
East of the Rockies? Really? Been to LA lately?

Some cars look decent with a continental kit, IMHO.

57 BelAir, 57 Ford, 57 Merc, to name a few.

But, it's an individual thing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
And dual arials on the rear, bumper overriders, and that HORRIBLE little optional chrome trim piece down the center of the hood that was available for 63s. I agree--seems to me to be an upper midwest thing. It's like some folks must bolt every optional thing on their cars.

·
Registered
977 Posts
SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!! Someone said I should paint our 63 RED.. I LIKE yours.. Still toying with our..As J C would say limited funds at the present (something like that).

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I came from the coal camps of Eastern Kentucky where lowering blocks were used to keep the front end raised and the back end down. I never liked that look but neither did I like the look of the cars from the north and west coast that raised the rear of the car. I'd seen animals in heat walk around llike that. That's what it reminded me of.
I'm like Jerrym3, some cars look good with continental kits on them, I don't think the 63-64's do. But, that's just me. I'd much rather drive a car lowered in the back with fenderskirts and dual antenna's than drive a car with the back end jacked up looking like I was in heat. Ha

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!! Someone said I should paint our 63 RED.. I LIKE yours.. Still toying with our..As J C would say limited funds at the present (something like that).
lagalaxie500,
I painted it Calienta Red. It's a 2010 Chrysler-Jeep color. I liked Walnut Brown for 63 Galaxie's but there wasn't any ummph to it I thought. This color looks copperish, brown or red depending on the sunlight. So far everyone says they like the color, it's a richer looking paint than what came on them. All of them look nice to me. I just wanted something a little different. Jim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts