Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody rebuilt the control valve on a 66 Mustang with a V8? Any suggestions ...issues. Mines leaking pretty bad at the ball stud. Can i just buy the valve section off of a newer ford or do I have to get the whole piece including the center link?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The local napa had just the control valve for my 64 comet, they should have it for your stang.
Good luck
Tracy

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just looked, they also carry a kit to reseal the ball stud.
Tracy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked it up online under power steering control valve the web site shows what looks like a power steering cylinder.. typo maybe?. How much was the control valve for your comet. Thanks

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If you look around at some of the Mustang parts Vendors and jobbers for not much more cash I think they sell BRAND NEW control valves. Also don't forget to tighten up the shaft on the steering box as it makes a huge difference if that is out of whack. Stu

·
Registered
293 Posts
Stu is right, tightening up the steering box helps a lot too. It must be a typo because I dont remember paying that much, though its been a while. I do remember being suprised. I'd just grab a mustang mag from a store and check all the ads. There are a lot in my mustang and fords.
Tracy

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
i have one new in box with reciept, it cost me alot like 230, i will sell it for 160, i also have two used ones that are good as new for sale i would get them new every few years on the warrantee before it expired thinking my steering slack was to blame on the power valve, now i run the adapter delete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts