Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum...and to fords. acquired a 64 futura convertible in need of the complete convertible top frame. Will the frame from a 64-65 comet fit this car? I have one located but I need to know for sure that it will fit....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see you haven't gotten any replies - I think the Comet frame will fit, but let me check my service manual to make sure.
I also have a '64 Futura convertible, and I think the main differences with the Comet is the sheet metal, interior etc. I'm not at my shop where the manual is, but why would Ford/Mercury go to the expense of tooling up for two different convertible frames?

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum...and to fords. acquired a 64 futura convertible in need of the complete convertible top frame. Will the frame from a 64-65 comet fit this car? I have one located but I need to know for sure that it will fit....
The 64 - 65 Comet is the same. There are some differences though between 63 and 64/65. Check the header bow carefully before buying, they are prone to rust where the header bow meets the side frame. Not sure where you are located, but I have a complete 64 convertible top frame without a header bow. I am in upstate NY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts