Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm converting the column shift collar from the column shift to a floor shift type . I've got the collar and matching turn signal switch plate, but seem to be missing something on the column tube for the assembly to bolt to. My old one was made into the shift collar for the shift lever. The new one does not have a shift lever since it's in the floor. Does anyone have a photo of this assembly, or can point me to a page in the Ford manual? All I can find in the manual is column shift columns. Nothing for an XL type column. Thanks....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I did this conversion back in the early 80's. Seemed pretty easy except for rewiring the N safety switch.

And, I am definitely not a mechanic. Unfortunately, since it was over 30 years ago, there isn't much more that I can tell you.

But, the 500XL collar seemed to be a bit larger than the standard 500 collar.

I picked up the slack with some black electrical tape. So far, so good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did this conversion back in the early 80's. Seemed pretty easy except for rewiring the N safety switch.

And, I am definitely not a mechanic. Unfortunately, since it was over 30 years ago, there isn't much more that I can tell you.

But, the 500XL collar seemed to be a bit larger than the standard 500 collar.

I picked up the slack with some black electrical tape. So far, so good.

I finally got the bugger figured out. The signal lamp switch holder sits between 2 snap rings that hold it in place with the upper bearing. Actually the replacement I bought fit my column tube really good. Thanks for your reply my friend.
C-ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts