Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy an old mechanical style fuel injection intake and stack setup. I'm thinking about converting it to efi with individual injectors at each throttle body (stack). Obviously, I'll have to install an o2 sensor and a tp sensor as well as purchase a programmable processor. Has anyone out here tried this? I'm aware of Kinsler and Hilborn who make these units but would like some feedback from those like me who are just crazy enough to try this. There's just something about those eight injectors and ram tubes that puts a silly grin on my face...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
WOW! What motor is it for? What kind is it? Does it come with the pump and stuff?

I think it would be very doable.

1964 Comet 289 C4/3000 stall daily driver
TFS TW, Weiand Stealth, Comp XE268, Rhodes lifters, TFS roller rockers, Carter 625 AFB, Hooker SuperComps
"These go to 11." -This is Spinal Tap

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragman64 on 4/27/02 11:02am ]</font>

·
Registered
278 Posts
BDS does this conversion using the old Speed Pro processor. Check them out.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This would be for my 289 (soon to be 331 stroker). No pump included, just the intake, tb's, stacks and lines. The way the conversion works is that the lines are removed and the intake is tapped for efi injectors. The stacks/throttles themselves become individual throttle bodies. I'll check out BDS and see what they say. New prices on this stuff is expensive (Kinsler units sell for around 4K complete), but combining old school looks with the advantages of efi may just be too hard to pass up. (Not to mention the horsepower potential!!
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts