Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of putting my 78 Corba together. I am installing the drivetrain from my recently sold 68 mustang. In my 68 I ran a 3-core radiator from a 5.0 mustang with 2 electric fans. In the cobra I have no room for this radiator. I bought a Howe aluminun radiator it is 21x19 3" thick with 2 1" cores. I only have room for one electric fan on this radiator. I don't know the horsepower but I am guessing it might be somewhere around 350-450 range. Will this be enough to keep it cool. Would it help to mount one fan in front as a pusher and one in the back to pull? This car will be driven alot. Some traffic and highway. The motor is a 351W 40 over, 10.5 to 1 compression with a tunnel ram and 2 600 holleys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 1/24/02 7:02am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: windsoreight on 1/24/02 7:04am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I can't imagine you will have any problem at all on the open road with forced air flow ... These Aluminum radiators cool incredibly well.

Your big question is going to be regarding sitting still in traffic. I don't think there is any way to know until you go try it on a hot summer day

They make different size fans ... are you sure there's not some combination out there that would allow you to fit two?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fans I have a 18" and 12". I don't know the CFM. I haven't seen a duel fan setup for a radiator as small as the one I have.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'm running 2- 16" fans on a 22x19 Griffen radiator. Each fan is good for 2300 cfms. It seems to do alright on my little 302.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I liked the black magic that I had but, it wouldn't fit after I installed a Griffen radiator.
the 2 16" work great but need an alternator upgread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts