Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen fuses so hard to get at. This block is well up above the ign. switch. I recently had eye surgery and just can't focus that distance. I have been at it for a hour and just can't get my hands up in there and I can't see what I'm doing if I can. Do you have to take the dash apart and get at them from the front? This can't be right and with the P. Seat all the way back, I can just barely get under there. I had to sit down, take a break, and ask if this is the way they were built because I am tired and really getting pissed.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Been there, done that and yes it is really a pain in the butt. I have attempted to get to them by removing instrument panel, easier to reach the fuses but still cant see them. I have taken the switch out of the dash and pulled it down as much as possible and that way you can see it somewhat and get to it but then it is some what difficult to get it back where it belongs.
I finally got so pissed at that set up that I changed out the switch and rewired the car to have a separate fuse box! That has been the best solution for me so far.

Scott...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts