Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi names phil

just wandering how much would a bottem end rebuild cost

if its anywhere above or close to 2500 i might as well buy a low miliage 400 from junk yard T_T

·
Registered
368 Posts
Depends what you want to do. Go stock? Stroker, etc? At a minimum, you would be looking at bearings - about $100. Where did you come up with $2500?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends what you want to do. Go stock? Stroker, etc? At a minimum, you would be looking at bearings - about $100. Where did you come up with $2500?
thats the cost for a full rebuild 2500 i need at least my piston rings changed from there everything is nothing to me i want to make sure the pistons and rings are holding up..... thats the main heart

i have a tappet sticking when i went and changed my motor oil which was only 2 months old it started sticking

rear passenger valve case after i changed it it stopped ticking

anyway i still have a rear cylinder sliding sound like it sounds like you can here the piston slide up and down from that side too. also then again i also have that stock manifold that is wierd too it has a hose running out from it you know those stainless steel tubings running from it into the air box....

i believe i should swap the headers.

but anyway... i still need to have those piston rings done. that is a MAJOR thing for me no leaks no nothing from my engine its just those rings.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
you plan on installing the parts or the machine shop ?

stock .030 pistons and a crank kit(comes with bearrings) or grind your crank and get your own bearing . plus a set of cam bearings.
will require at trip for the boring & cam brg. installed
cam/lifter/timing set .. complete gasket kit

heads .. have a valve job done and repairs as required

price it out

Forgot . LOL long time . Low mileage 400 from the junk yard . Yep they all have 40K miles or less . here I go again LOL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you plan on installing the parts or the machine shop ?

stock .030 pistons and a crank kit(comes with bearrings) or grind your crank and get your own bearing . plus a set of cam bearings.
will require at trip for the boring & cam brg. installed
cam/lifter/timing set .. complete gasket kit

heads .. have a valve job done and repairs as required

price it out

Forgot . LOL long time . Low mileage 400 from the junk yard . Yep they all have 40K miles or less . here I go again LOL.

i am wanting it to be done by a shop cause i want it rebuilt ASAP

i would love to do it my self but i live in the damn city so no use..

·
Registered
241 Posts
i am wanting it to be done by a shop cause i want it rebuilt ASAP

i would love to do it my self but i live in the damn city so no use..
If your paying someone to do the labor of assemlbly, the cost just about doubles from the initial machine work. I could dig up my reciepts, but just the bore, hone, crank turning, piston hanging, hot tanking, and cam bearings installed cost me close to + or - 800 bucks, and that was a decent deal from a low volume shop. A higher volume shop would be cheaper likely. If you look long and hard, you may be able to find a rebuild engine somewhere. Craigslist has one now and then, but, thats a craps shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts