Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had a set of wheels widened one or two inches? I've seen a few shops on the web that list wheel widening as a service, but none have prices. I'd love to pick up a spare set of wheels for my Ranger ('96/96 Cobra mustang wheels, 17x
and have them widened to 17x9.5 to put 275/40/R17 drag radials on for my occasional trip to the drag races.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Give Al Book at Al Book's Custom Welding a call - 206-242-5047. he's in Burien, WA. 'just over the hill' from you. They do a lot of custom wheel repair and modification.

Murff

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I had a pair done by Weldcraft Wheels this past spring. Added 2" to the backspace of each for $100 each. The price was better, more width selections, and quicker delivery than any other place I checked into. These were steel rims with aluminum centers, don't know if aluminum rims cost more. If you email them explaining what you want they will give you a price. They had a very quick turnaround time, 2 weeks from the time I sent them until I got them back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bmcd66250 on 9/1/06 11:37pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts