Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, my car has run a best of [email protected] and that MPH is a little low.

I discovered that my 750dp, that I bought on Ebay has a blocked secondary PV. Doesn't rear jetting need to be increased 8 sizes to compensate?
If I'm running 72/80 jets now, shouldn't I have 88's in the rear?
If all this is true, would that be a major reason why my MPH is low?
That would be GREAT if a simple jet change would increase my MPH and E.T!......but I'm not getting my hopes up though...LOL

·
Registered
502 Posts
i could be wrong, but the 80 jet is to make up for no pv. if both pv were functional it would be jetted 72/72.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On 2006-09-09 14:32, igo1090 wrote:
i could be wrong, but the 80 jet is to make up for no pv. if both pv were functional it would be jetted 72/72.
Well, I was able to specify what jetting I wanted as he built it. Originally, I said I wanted 69/78 because I really had no idea what I needed. Since then I have increased them to the current 72/80
I do have a set of 82's I plan on installing next Saturday, at the track, in an effort to find my missing MPH

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2006-09-09 16:30, gbbmustang wrote:
Put a 5.5 pv in it and see what happens!
What would be the advantage of that?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On 2006-09-09 16:16, ran347nosgt wrote:
82Gt,that sounds good on the jetting!
What sounds good...the current 72/80 or 72/82 I want to try...or the 88's?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 82GT on 9/10/06 8:15am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gbbmustang, are you talking about the 5.5 PV or the jets?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
73 and 84 in my little 302.... still tweaking for no real reason except I love the smell of gas when emptying my fuel bowles...

Hey did you guys know that the squirters screws only grab into the squirter boss by about 2.5 threads? I found out the hard way after changing shooters just one too many times and I have a screw full of threads now.

The hollow screws seem to have an extra couple of turns on them.

Just a warning to anyone out there....

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just ran one on the dyno and it worked best when I got to 72--85 This was on an RPM performer with a one inch open spacer,It made 514 HP at 6500 RPM-my 347 street package. JOE SHERMAN RACING

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone also suggested that I plug the front PV as well and jet 80/80 but I read somewhere that that's not always a good idea especially on a car that sees street action.

What's the whole idea behind blocking the PV hole and jetting up like that?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Removing pv and jetting up is to remove a varible in the setup same as locking out the timing. In some cases of little to no vac it can help idle. Myself i would plug it for a race only setup but not street use.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I am and it looks like either there WAS a PV there and it was plugged or there COULD be if you wanted one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts