Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to clean leaves, pine needles, and other crap out of the cowl panel other than grinding off all the spot welds and removing the cowl cover? My cowl is full of leaves and other crap and I want to clean it out. Are there any tricks guys? Thanks a bunch!

John

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yes, if you remove one of your fenders, there is a small drain opening by the cowl where you can fish stuff thru. I know that removing a fender or two isn't exactly the easiest thing to do, but it gets a majority of the stuff out w/ compressed air. I had a cowl full o' crap and I had both fenders off and used compressed air to get most of that crap out thru those little drain holes. The really big stuff I used a wire hanger and just tried to hook as many leaves as I could thru the top of the cowl between those tiny slits. Have fun.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
To add to what blown68 said, you can drop the LH air box and, if you have long fingers, reach up through and down to break the crude loose around the vent hat. You really can't do much more than break it loose as the cowl is just at finger tip reach. Then you can blow air and use something like a coat hanger as blown68 suggests.

You can do the same thing on the RH by dropping the heater box out.

Not fun work, but it is possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts