Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a crate engine with the carb replacement EFI thing, has ECU and stuff.

Not sure if it has the electronic fuel pump, but I can get that. And I know it will probably need a return line. etc etc.

The engine should bolt right in. Not like its a easy job.. But my question is how hard is it to put in the return lines, fuel pump etc etc. To retrofit into existing system? Was the return lined just tied or fastened next to the sender line? how about the connections at the fuel tank?

Really really would like to go with an EFI setup but questioning how much of a pain the retro fit actually is

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Fairly straightforward and simple - usually. What that depends on is what end fittings you were supplied with or not. Running the extra line is just like you imagine, with additional clamps or changing the existing to double clamps or standoffs if running the lines parallel. Your choice.

It's at the tank for the return that's in-question. Were/will you get anything with the package to do the return line into the tank? There are several solutions if not, and in any case, an afternoon will generally handle it for your first time.

David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts