Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, before I go too far, just wanted to know how Crites headers go together. I have a 64 with a 514, no power steering, no A/C. Do you just put all the tubes in the collector, fasten with 2 bolts and that's it? It seems logical because they fit so tight and then I've ceramic coated them. Any help?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
If yours have been ceramic coated, you may have problems with a too snug fit. The ceramic coatings can buildup, especially if both the tubes and collector are coated inside and out.

In addition, indexing the collectors can be confusing once they are coated...since in the coating process they clean and/or cover all the original markings. Duh…20/20 hindsight...this would be a good opportunity to use that Dremel scribe to number/mark before shipping them off.

The question is whether you are having problems getting the tubes in the collector...in the right order. Or if the tubes aren't going into the collector at all / too snug to get the bolts on.

The best way is to fit them together, before putting them on the car to make sure the tubes and collector will fit and bolt together properly...then, armed with the knowledge that it "can" be done, put them on the car and use a little "persuasion” if you have to. Or take detailed photos of them assmbled, before sending them off for coating.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 3/9/06 2:38am ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts