Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I.ve been reading alot on this forum about Crites shock tower mod kit. So I looked them up online-Wow they have so much stuff for Falcons, and really cool fiberglass body parts. I'm wondering how many of you guys have installed their kits ( front and/or rear ) on your 65 Falcons. And thanks to all of you for your advice & help on doing a 4 to 5 lug conversion om my car. Great to find people that like Fords instead of everyday Chevys. I'm working on getting some sheet metal for patching floor pans and other rusty areas, my body friend says " no bondo " . So in the mean time I'm gonna be checking yards for parts & engine & trans. I have a friend who has a 289 & C4 out of a 65 Fairlane, any thoughts out there on this- rebuild?

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I've got a Crites hood on a 64 Fairlane, I'm happy with it.

I've used there shock tower kit, If you put a post up asking, I'm sure somebody on here has probably did one and has the the templates and pictures that they would sell you. Would be pretty easy to make the peices.

I've also used their leaf spring relocation kit.

All good products as far as I'm concerned. They are off on their lead times when you order Fiberglass products though. If they say 3 or 4 weeks, my experiance has been add a few weeks to that.

You may want to put your location in. Somebody close by may have some parts you need.

65 Fairlane Engine and trans will work for you.

Jet

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got their glass front fenders and teardrop hood on my 65. The guy that painted my car said it was the best fiberglass he had seen. People are suprised when I tell them the front end of the car is glass. If I ever get around to doing a Mustang II front end I'll use their shock towr kit. It would sure be nice to not have to fight the header fit under the hood.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Crites shock tower kit keeps the stock suspension and engine mount locations.It gives you enough room[barely]to put a FE in there.I used their templates to notch my shock towers on my 65 Comet when I went to a 418"/351W,really opens up the engine bay. ROY.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Right now I have a factory steerbox and factory towers. And the 289 in my 63 wagon is snug. I was wanting to do a 351w stroker.. so this would allow it with headers? as right now I am using exhaust manifolds.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Right now I have a factory steerbox and factory towers. And the 289 in my 63 wagon is snug. I was wanting to do a 351w stroker.. so this would allow it with headers? as right now I am using exhaust manifolds.
The kit they're talking about just removes some of the inner shock tower making more room between the tower and engine. Headers are still tight with everyting else like steering and frame.

I should have done it myself just for added room for plug changes. My mistake.

John

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I did the shock tower kit with the under engine brace to squeeze in a stroked 351w. I also used their headers. No complaints. I also used thier leaf spring relocate kit. Made mini tubing my 64 easy.
Next on my list to buy from them is bumpers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts