Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Heidt's 4 link for 64-65 falcon and had planned on making some modifications to make it fit on the Ranchero, but now I am having second thoughts.

As I have been thinking about it more, I would like to be able to run a wider tire and the Heidt's kit will not allow me to do that. The Ranchero will have a 347 stroker shortly and I don't think the 235 60 15 tires will cut it. I am hoping that with a crites leaf spring relocation kit and a mini tubb that I could stuff in some 275 50 15 size tires.

Has anyone done this on a 65 Ranchero? If so, what was involved and what size tire were you able to fit? Does this kit seem to work well? Also any pics of the install and fab work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the same kit. Thinking of selling the heidts, getting the G-Bar from TCP, doing the front Crites relocation and moving the rear mounts inward on the housing. Waiting to hear back from TCP if this will be doable or not.
I think it could be done like this with the R&C kit, as well.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having the same problem with the same kit. Thinking of selling the heidts, getting the G-Bar from TCP, doing the front Crites relocation and moving the rear mounts inward on the housing. Waiting to hear back from TCP if this will be doable or not.
I think it could be done like this with the R&C kit, as well.
The TCP kit looks like a very nice piece. I would be interesting to see if it can be done. Do you have a Ranchero or Falcon?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Falcon. Sorry I know this is the Ranch forum, but same issue.

Heard back from both TCP and R&C about their bolt in 4-links and both said my idea would work. I just don't know though. I'm thinking Martz now, since it's inside the frame rail - or just doing the Crites relocations and using Caltracs. Really, my main concern is fitting a bigger tire but it would be nice to have coilovers. What a dilemma, eh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts