Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the large Ocean City Cruisin this weekend - something like 3000 vehicles showed up. We got a lot of rain on Saturday evening, but overall it was a lot of fun. People line the streets with chairs and all the cars drive up and down. It's quite absurd. In the mornings they let cars parade down the boardwalk. The rest of the time they park at the convention center or beach inlet parking lots for walk-arounds. It's all very casual and un-serious.

I was surprised to see only two other Galaxies: a '64 hardtop and a '62 Sunliner with a beautiful 427 engine (though it had a butt ugly padded dash). The event attracts a lot of muscle cars, and people who like with loud engines. But there were also a number of beautiful 50's Bel-airs and some nice customs as well.

Overall a nice weekend at the beach, and a nice drive to and from Washington DC on the backroads with stops for seafood on the bay.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Yeah where's the pics?! When i lived over there we were in ocean city taking my uncle to dip his toes in the atlantic and i spotted a red '64 with a white top going the opposite way on a dif street. I just caught him as we were going through an intersection.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We went there as well and saw some really nice cars, plus the boardwalk is right there for the kids. The only thing that detracts from the overall nice event is that a large percentage of the "cruisers" were in fact big, loud, smoke belching diesel pickups.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice.

Sounds like a larger Wildwood, NJ, show, except that the cars stay on the boardwalk all day in Wildwood. Not permitted to leave, except for emergencies.

There's an age requirement for the cars, and an attendance fee for vehicle owners, which also covers some night time activities.

We go just for the show and the night cruise. (We have too many "must go to" places to eat dinner.)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't take many pictures... but the below video captures the amount of head turning that takes place, as beautiful cars are everywhere throughout the weekend:

OC Car Week Spring 2013 on Vimeo

Warning - some bad video editing and annoying soundtrack - but the cars are awesome.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schitzengiggs: Yeah. It was a little rough to actually "cruise" the street as the exhaust fumes were brutal most of the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would imagine they said NO BURNOUTS ON THE BOARDWALK !!!!!! I remember one year at the T Bucket Nationals in Colorado Springs there was a cruise to the Royal Gorge and they got REALLY pissed when one guy did a burnout on the bridge.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Many years ago, Wildwood had street burnouts in specified areas, with the police watching.

That didn't last too long, and burnouts are now "at your own risk".

But, my car doesn't do burn outs, so it's a non-issue for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts