Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After this weekend I'll have removed the stock console and shifter and replaced with a hump hugger console and B&M megashifter. I was wanting to make a dash console that ran down to trans. hump for adding stereo equipement and nitrous switches. Anybody fabricate such a console in a '64? Pictures would be awesome if you have.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not for a 64, but my daughter used cereal box material and masking tape to design our gauge/radio under dash unit. For something larger, use some cardboard to mock it up. Get it as close as you want, then build it out of something more suitable.

We'll get to doing a complete center console once I get my bench swapped out for buckets. Might even include a cup holder, CD storage, and cell phone charger.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning on designing with cardboard. I was hoping to get some ideas from some pictures though on design and build material.

Thanks for responding.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I have seen alot of sweet fabrications on "tuner" sites. They are always making encloseures for amps, speakers and the like. Basicly just some medium density fiberboard frame with a few layers of fiberglass and resin stretched over it. I might try to make a custom rear package tray using that technique.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will be throwing around ideas this winter,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts