Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, anybody got any pics of their custom exhausts and what all is involved. I plan on running at the very least a dual 3 inch stainless setup, mandrel bent with probably an h pipe. Not sure where I want the tailpipes to exit, kinda like the idea of just in front of the rear tires, but having them strtaight out the back on either side of the gas tank is more my style. My brother has a 95 Roush mustang with the side exhaust and there aint nothing like that sound. It has a 306 with an offroad h pipe and a dynomax muffler. MAC headers (long tube) and off road, although he's changing the setup I think to BBK. I don't think I'll need this type of setup with the engine and exhaust size to hear it!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard spintech mufflers are a good muffler, and very loud- my kinda sound. What are your thaughts. Great pics by the way. What engine do you have?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm running a 474 (.30 over 460) with a moderate cam, DOVE-C heads with port work, weiand stealth manifold ( all in all a pretty torquey combo - which is what i wanted for my big heavy car!). The car is actually pretty quiet at idle, it does get a little loud under load, but nothing like dynomax bullets (my friend has a big-block nova with those - and that car is LOUD).

·
Registered
580 Posts
Heres a couple of shots of system on my 64. All stainless 3". Bolts onto crites headers and onto original exhaust brackets above the diff and at the back. Mufflers are custom polished stainless jobs with offsets to help fitment. The system cost a bit extra but there will never be any condensation/rust issues. Should last forever. Takes about 40 minutes to remove the whole thing for racing and about an hour to completly refit it. Sounds great. Not to loud and nice crisp note to it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i wanted to go with a X pipe but for the time being when i get my crites long tubes i might just slap some glasspacks and dumps right off them. not sure yet.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you guys see that Pypes makes a complete 2.5" kit for 60-64's? I asked if 3" was available and he said no, but they may be working on it by the sounds. Pypes are good for loud people, check their sounds page.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts