Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time today laying out the frame of my 72 Galaxie to cut the coil spring towers in the front for fitment of air suspension mounts. Holding the stock upper control arm in place I don't really think I like the look of it and was wondering if anyone knows where I can have a set of tubular control arms made to fit my car at a reasonable price? Thanks guys..............

·
Registered
210 Posts
I spent some time today laying out the frame of my 72 Galaxie to cut the coil spring towers in the front for fitment of air suspension mounts. Holding the stock upper control arm in place I don't really think I like the look of it and was wondering if anyone knows where I can have a set of tubular control arms made to fit my car at a reasonable price? Thanks guys..............
A resonable estimate for a set of properly designed and hand crafted upper control arms would be 8 to 10 hrs @ $85 and cost of parts. Call Mike @ Auto Experts/MAD Hotrods in Addison, IL. He is currently designing a front coil over spring with R&P for a 1950 Pick up truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information LTDKING. I found a place called Lakeshore Fabrication in Columbia MO. I talked to a guy named Kevin there that was very helpful and I'm waiting on him to get back to me with a quote. I will call Mike at Auto Experts as well. Thanks for the help...............

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Check the off-the-shelf racing parts. There was a a thread a few years ago with a guy who was working with circle track tubular UCA's on his Galaxie. Look on Speedway Motors, or Jeg's for Port City Racing. Length and ball joint angle would likely be the key parameters.

Let us know what happens with the custom fab option. I'm sure many would be interested in that info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts