Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 5000 for a 99 Taurus with 59500 miles on it a good deal. My dad just picked one up. I'm trying to convince him to let me keep it, but he wanted to sell it for around 9000 and get another car. I wish he would let me keep it! I think it's a fairly nice car. It's only the standard 3.0 V6 but it gets up nicely. Only complaint is that it shifts like a whimp, with really SOFT shifts no matter how hard you push the petal. Anyhow, I'll let you guys know if I end up keeping it, because I'll wanna make it go FASTA!!! HEHE!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dad is letting me keep the car. Yes it is really nice, paint is still shiny, very few scratches or defects. Only problem is the aftermarket CD Changer isn't working. Probably just a loose wire. I know the 24 valve is nicer, but the car is still faster than my truck, so I am happy! Not sure about the gas mileage, but it has to be good, cause it only had a little over a quarter tank when I got it, I put 6 bucks in it, and drove 114 miles yesterday, and it still has about 1/8 a tank.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Good cars, but keep the fluid in the tranny changed every 20 to 30K. Otherwise it'll be toast. Not a lot of go fast parts for these, but I suppose one could go for the "faux nascar" look. Just don't "ricerize" it, please!! We'd hate to have to hunt you down..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.