Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to make a few contacts with folks that know a thing or two about the Dagenham Transmission.
I'm working on a 1966 6cyl 4sp Convertible Mustang.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Vehicle Hood Steering part Car Steering wheel

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

White Wood Font Rectangle Art

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
can't help with the Dagenham, but its fairly easy to swap the T-5 in.
I actually have some of the parts at the ready to do that swap when the day comes. I picked up the: bell, pp, clutch, tb, flywheel, adapter and starter. Now I believe I just need the crossmember and transmission.
That said, I'm giving the original 4sp a refresh with new synchros, seals and bearings - hope to get several more years out of it.

·
Subscriber
940 Posts
I actually have some of the parts at the ready to do that swap when the day comes. I picked up the: bell, pp, clutch, tb, flywheel, and adapter.
that's one way to do it...the other is to leave your existing bell, clutch parts and all in place.
just order the adapter from Modern Driveline, and bolt the T5 directly behind your stock bellhousing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
that's one way to do it...the other is to leave your existing bell, clutch parts and all in place.
just order the adapter from Modern Driveline, and bolt the T5 directly behind your stock bellhousing.
I currently have the 8.5" clutch. If I end up going with the T5 I'd want to upgrade to the 9". And I have the dual pattern block so I might as well. Got a good deal on the parts l've gathered so far - they can just hang out until that day comes.

Additionally, according to MDL "YES, to all combinations, except the “early” Dagenham pattern"

·
Registered
747 Posts
They are a fairly simple trans . Part availability is the only snag. I've done several.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts