Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures they could share of 65-66 Galaxie with Dakota digital VHX gauges installed? Day time and night pictures?

The pics on the Dakota digital website don’t actually show them installed in cars.

Thank you. I’m trying to decide if I should get them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Really? A Galaxie specific part and no one on the Galaxie pages has it???
Hello 66CountrySquir,

Well it's a bit pricey for an old full size Ford (low value), so that puts people off, also I've had a look at the build quality of some of the Dakota Digital stuff and I wouldn't put that rubbish on my car I cared about. I came from OEM automotive world as a testing engineer and I would wager heavily against it passing the standard salvo of SAE testing for longevity and proper operation over all possible events (mechanical, electrical and environmental) found in the automotive environment. But that's just my opinion.

I will say the analogue gauges seem like a nice styling that reminds of the mid 90's era, but then they add those cheesy monochromatic LCD displays that scream cheap Toyota Corolla. Those LCD's really look outmoded. Again in my opinion if they were going to style to the 90's then either use a vacuum fluorescent display or dot matrix LED's instead of the black LCD's.

The last bit that precludes this dash usage is the deletion of the factory radio spot. Some people still use the factory radio, be it the AM or AM-FM version.

Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do value your opinion. Thank you. I don’t want to spend the money, or even more so, spend the time installing it if the quality isn’t there. I will make my stock radio functional if I leave it original but I don’t think I’ll ever use it since a Bluetooth speaker running off my phone is so easy.

I do want water temp and oil pressure gauges so maybe I’ll search on here to see how others have added them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I like them. Never saw one in person for a galaxie. I'm turned off because I want to keep my factory radio.

I plan to do the typical triple pack of small gauges under the dash for monitoring temp, pressure and likely tach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts