Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a centerforce Dual friction clutch off ebay, brand new. the guy wrote this in his description:

Up for auction is a new Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch. Will fit 86-93 5.0 Mustangs. This was bolted up to engine for display purposes only - NEVER ran. Retail on this item is $299.99 from Jegs. Buy here and save. Free shipping with Buy It Now!!!!

Buyer to pay $25.00 shipping and handling.
Please see my other auctions for more great deals on Mustang parts. I reserve the right to end the auction early as all items are for sale locally also.
Winning bidder must contact me within 48 hours of auction end to let me know there payment option. Payment must be received within 7 days of auction end. If I do not hear from you I will relist the item or offer to second high bidder and you will receive negative feedback as well as being turned into ebay.
I would like to add that all items are sold as is. Please bid with confidence, check my feedback, I describe all items to the best of my ability. Please let me know at checkout if you would like extra insurance on the item while it is being shipped. I ship UPS and the rates are very reasonable for insurance.

Two week after I paid him (PayPal) I finally received the clutch, no big deal it's late, then I open it up and he sent me a 26 spline disk, not the part number he said he was selling in the description. And its not like I can just sell a 26 spline disk because the only people using them are G-Force guys and if I try to sell it I doubt I will get anything for it.

So now I cant bring my rotating assembly to get balanced until I figure out how im gonna sort this out. I emailed him and hopefully the guy will take it back, He did say it was sold "AS IS" but his description was false. WTF!!! I'm so F-in pissed off, im tired of dealing with other peoples' stupidity.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would imagine you left him a "nice" comment along with a wonderful feedback score.....what an a-hole. The worst part is there is no-one to bitch at.

can you use your creditcard to make e-bay purchases? might be easier to dispute bad sales than dealing with e-bay.

·
Premium Member
3,986 Posts
All the TKO 500 and 600 guys are running 26 spline clutches, I am sure it'd sell.

Sucks that the guy misled you, but bring the machinist the pressure plate for balancing and order the disk you need. Not like you can balance the disk to the motor anyway, its never in the same place twice

Odds are you wont lose too much by just replacing the disk and selling the other one

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im still waiting on a response fron the guy, I haven't gave him feedback yet and his feedback is 100%. ..Then again, my feedback is 100% as well and he hasn't left me feedback either.

As far as I know Centerforce doesn't sell just clutch disks, at least that's what their websight says. So I have to call them to find out. If they do, I'm sure they want some crasy amount for them, probabaly like $200.

If they guy has any common sense he'll take it back and refund my money.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Summit does not sell dual friction discs. I think only ford racing does according to the guy at Centerforce. The guy I bought it from said he got it on clearance through jegs, but he said he would return it and refund my money.

I called centerforce and they said just send them the disk and they'll send me back the one I need in exchange. Very good customer service there! So I'm just going to do that so I can get the assembly out for balance instead of waiting for another clutch to go on ebay or buying one for more $$$.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ah yes, the feedback game. If you leave him a negative first, you can bet he'll leave you a negative as well. It sucks when you get burned, but I'd leave a negative telling that he didn't sell what was advertised.

Later!
Mr. Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later