Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is random and stupid. i just thought id share my frustration. Everytime i convert to replace something, it seems im replacing or converting something else. I just got the pertronix ignitor and flamethrower coil along with some ford racing spack plug cables. i went to start installing them and i realized that the cables have female ends and my dizzy cap also has female ends. i was looking for a male cap but i havent seen one. if i have to return them, i have to ship them back to summit.

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
Always works out that way with cars, kinda like a domino effect.
I don't know a thing about the cap/wire dilema as I've always used just the regular ol plug wires, so both ends are female but still the cap end acts as male just because the hollow tubes go into the cap holes if that makes sense.

Maybe someone here needs what you have and buy them and then you can order what you need.

Deb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 10/6/06 8:40am ]</font>

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh man, that's no problem. Ford started making Duraspark 2 in '77 with the same design dizzy as the past years, if you ever notice on the '77 and up Duraspark cars, the dizzy cap is huge. Ford devised a way to adapt the cap to the dizzy, go to AutoZone or whatever and get a dizzy cap adapter for a '77 T-bird, while you are there, get a cap and rotor kit to match(the good one with brass contacts). The cap has male towers and the contacts are spread apart to prevent crossfires. Then, if you want to dress things up a little bit, go to the junkyard and find a dizzy cap dust cover (black rubber and straps around the bottom of the dizzy) from a 5.0 engine, clean it and install it. You will be able to use your new plug wires and prevent crossfires all at the same time.
AutoZone Part Number : F958 for the adapter - $6.99
F2103G for the cap&rotor kit - $22.99
Hope this helps, Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts